About the CellSwayam Cell deals with development of SWAYAM MOOCs platform with the objective of taking best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged by bridging the digital divide of students who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Hiring of Manpower for Development of SWAYAM Platform - After the approval of the Joint Committee to award the work of development of SWAYAM MOOCs Platform to M/s. Microsoft Corporation India (Pvt.) Ltd., AICTE-SWAYAM Project Cell hired the services of competent and efficient Software Developers through NICSI, in terms of the provisions of the OM dated 21.3.2016 issued by MHRD for development of SWAYAM Platform. As on date, there are five (5) Software Developers working for the project. One software Developer left the assignment during the month of March 2017. The next phase of interviews for Software Developers would be undertaken during the month of September 2017 since the empanelment of Vendors is under finalization of NICSI.
- Use of Azure Cloud Services for SWAYAM - Immediately after the initiation of first phase of the SWAYAM Project, as approved by the Joint Committee of SPC, the Azure Cloud Services were availed from M/s. Sparta through NBA. These services have now been extended till September 2017. By this time, M/s. CtrlS Data Center, to whom the CSP has been awarded, would start their services.
- Use of CDN Services for SWAYAM - Content Delivery Networks, or CDNs are the web applications, media and software delivery, and cloud security solutions required for the SWAYAM Platform. As the world’s largest and most trusted cloud delivery platform, delivering 95 exabytes of data a year across billions of devices, Akamai makes it easier to provide the best and most secure digital experiences on any device, anytime, anywhere. With the broadest array of best-in-class cloud delivery products and services, including superior web performance, cloud security, enterprise access, and video delivery solutions – all underpinned by exceptional customer service and 24/7 monitoring, AICTE awarded the Contract for providing CDN services of AKAMAI to M/s. Siffy Technologies through NICSI initially for one year w.e.f. August, 2016. The same has been extended for another one year on expiry of the one year contract through NICSI.
- Bulk e-mail and SMS Services for SWAYAM - AICTE awarded the contract of bulk e-mail services to M/s. Netcore Solutions after following the prescribed procedure of calling the sealed quotations through the empanelled vendors of DAVP. The services of this agency have now been extended for further one more year.
- Publication of e-Bids by SWAYAM Project Cell first time in AICTE - It was the first exercise initiated by SWAYAM Project Cell to publish the e-bids in the e-procurement System of Government of India through Central Public Procurement Portal (CPPP) at eprocure.gov.in. Subsequent to this, AICTE has been publishing its tenders on CPPP as e-tenders.
- Appointment of Project Management Consultants for Finalisation of MSP/CSP and Heldpdesk Services Provider for SWAYAM - With the approval of Joint Committee of SPC, M/s. PwC were appointed as the Project Management Consultants for finalization of the Bidders for Cloud Service Providers and the Helpdesk Services Provider. M/s PwC has finalized both CSP and Helpdesk Services.