Technical Education in India can be traced to ancient Urban Centers Nalanda & Taxila, when numerous technical skills such as carpentry, smithy, laundry, weaving etc. were the parts of Education. Industrial revolution in 18th & 19th Century in Europe led to turning point in human history and India under British Rule witnessed introduction of new elements in production, distribution which had laid foundation of Technical civilization i.e. beginning of Engineering Era.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Setting up new Technical Institution offering Technical Programme at Diploma/ Post Diploma/ Degree/ Post Graduate Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma Level.
- Change of Site/ Location.
- Closure of Institutions.
- Conversion of Women’s Institution into Co-Ed Institution and vice-versa.
- Conversion of Diploma Level into Degree Level and vice-versa.
- Extension of approval to the existing Institutions/ Continuation of approval after a break in the preceding academic year/ Restoration.
- Increase in Intake/ Addition of Course(s) in the Regular/ First Shift in existing Institutions.
- Addition of Integrated/ Dual Degree Course in the Regular/ First Shift in existing Institutions.
- Fellowship Programme in Management in existing Institutions.
- Introduction/ Continuation of supernumerary seats for OCI/ PIO/ Foreign Nationals/ Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries.
- Introduction/ Continuation of seats for sons/ daughters of NRIs.
Assistant Director (CR)
Assistant Director (NR)
Assistant Director (SCR)
Assistant Director (SR)
Assistant Director (SWR)
Assistant Director (ER)