About the CellSkill Development Cell has been entrusted the responsibility to train youth by providing them skills through AICTE approved Colleges/Registered facilitators with objective for enhancing their Employment/ Self-Employment opportunities. The cell is running various schemes to meet its objectives.
Major schemes are- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana for Technical Institutes (PMKVY-TI), Employability Enhancement Training Programme (EETP), National Employability Enhancement Mission (NEEM), AICTE-Startup Policy, Skill Assessment Matrix for Vocational Advancement of Youth (SAMVAY), Leadership Development Programs, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
SD Cell deals with different Skill Development initiatives of AICTE. Major schemes are as follows:
- Start-Up Policy for Technical Institutions: AICTE has prepared a Start-up Policy for students of Technical Institutions to create tech-based student owned start-ups and employment opportunities.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna by Technical Institutions (PMKVY-TI): This scheme is implementing through AICTE approved Colleges to impart Engineering skills to drop-out students and find placement in suitable private sector jobs.
- AICTE-UKIERI: AICTE signed an implementation agreement with Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (DBEIS), UK, on the joint operation of the activities under UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) Phase-III.
• Following four stands of education collaboration will be taken under UKIERI Phase-III:
• Leadership and Faculty Development
• Integration of Skills in Education System
• e-Partnership and Research Incubation
• Enhancing Mobility
In addition to above 54 SKP are also approved by the Council SDC has successfully conducted two workshop for 100 participants in this phase.
- Skill Knowledge Providers (SKPs): SKPs are industries or specialized training centres. Under this initiative, Council has signed MoU with following organization to use their skill training centre for giving vocational training to students admitted under NSQF Program.
• IL&FS Skills Development Corporation Ltd.
• Advance Technology Development Centre (ATDC)
• Footwear Design Development Institute (FDDI)
• Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA)
• National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT)
In addition to above 54 SKP, are also approved by the Council to provide hands on training.
- Community College Scheme: Under this scheme, Council provides financial assistance to AICTE approved Polytechnics to run courses as per the NSQF. Till date 74 Institutes, are running the Scheme.
- Employability Enhancement Training Programme (EETP): For implementation and enhancement of employment opportunities under skill initiatives, the Council has signed MoU’s with following organization under EETP:
• AICTE –LinkedIn
• AICTE- ICT Academy
• AICTE -Monster.com
- National Employability Enhancement Mission (NEEM): The objective of National Employability Enhance Mission (NEEM) is to offer on the job practical training to enhance employability of a person either pursuing his or her graduation / diploma in any technical or non-technical stream or have discontinued studies of degree or diploma course to increase their employability.
Till date Council has registered 12 agencies as NEEM facilitator under this Scheme to give training to over 30,000 students.
- i3 Innovations Awards: India Innovation Initiative (i3) is a national level completion organized by the CII in partnership with the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and AICTE with the principal aim of communicating and promoting Science, Technology and Innovation among the masses, and commercializing potential innovations.
- AICTE – CII Industry Linked Survey: AICTE in association with CII is conducting survey of Industry-Academia Collaboration. This survey is to map the Industry Linkages of Indian Technical Institutes to showcases the best practices of partnerships with industry and highlights the strengths and weaknesses of the ecosystem of Technical Education in India. The survey leads to awards for technical institutions on their industry linkage.
Dr. Neetu Bhagat
Lt Cdr Akhil Sharma