J & K Cell deals with Implementation of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir. The J & K cell is responsible for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students.
Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) J&K 2021-22
About the Scheme
Roles & Responsibilities
An expert Group was constituted by Prime Minister on 18th August, 2010 in the context of enhancing employment opportunities among youths of Jammu & Kashmir and to formulate job plan involving public and private sectors. Every year fresh scholarships were given to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir for improving their skills by providing access to education. Scheme was started in 2011 and modified from time to time to make the Scheme student friendly. Main objectives of the Scheme are as under: -
- Evolving guidelines for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives.
- To Conduct Awareness Workshops about the Scheme.
- To Conduct Counselling for admission of candidates to different programs/courses.
- Disbursal of Scholarship for the eligible Candidates.
- Redressal of Grievances of PMSSS Candidates.
- Advisory for University / Colleges regarding admissions of students under the Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme during academic session 2021-22
- INFORMATION FOR THE STUDENTS WHO HAVE TAKEN ADMISSION ON THEIR OWN IN GENERAL / PROFESSIONAL STREAM COURSES ON MERIT BASIS IN DELHI UNIVERSITY/ JAMIA UNIVERSITY/ ALIGARH MUSLISM UNIVERSITY AND OTHER CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES
- UGC Heads of Regional Offices nominated to look into the grievances of students admitted under PMSSS
- Upload new Promotion cum Continuation certificate in prescribed format for academic session 2021-22 available at institute's login. Kind Attention: - The Director/Principal/Nodal Officer
- NOTICE :- For Attention of All Current Beneficiaries Under PMSSS
- NOTICE :- For Attention Of All Current Beneficiaries Under PMSSS And Institutes Concerned
- The continuation of PMSSS scheme and related dates will be announced shortly.
- Instructions / advice to the Director/Principal/Nodal Officer of the institutes regarding hostel and other fees from the students sponsored under Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)-during restriction of physical classes due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
- All students who have taken admission on their own in medical/dental colleges are required to upload NEET Centralised allotment letter issued by the Office of the Chairman, NEET UG Medical & Dental Admission/Counselling Board 2020 latest by 06th March 2021.
- Upload continuation certificate in prescribed format available at institute's login in order to avail maintenance allowance under PMSSS Kind Attention :- Director/Principal/Nodal Officer
- Information regarding academic excellence and extra-curricular activities at the Campus in respect of the students admitted under PMSSS.
- Circular- for attention of all PMSSS beneficiaries reg- Maintenance Allowance
- Warning to PMSSS Candidates
- List of Facilitation Centers
- List of ICT's (Jammu/Srinagar/Leh)
- Success Stories and Workshops
- Application Submission
- Document Verification at Facilitation center
- Frequently Asked Questions