J & K Cell deals with Implementation of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir. The J & K cell is responsible for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students.
Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protasahan Yojana (PM-USP) 2023-24
About the Scheme
Roles & Responsibilities
An expert Group was constituted by Prime Minister on 18th August, 2010 in the context of enhancing employment opportunities among youths of Jammu & Kashmir and to formulate job plan involving public and private sectors. Every year fresh scholarships were given to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir for improving their skills by providing access to education. Scheme was started in 2011 and modified from time to time to make the Scheme student friendly. Main objectives of the Scheme are as under: -
- Evolving guidelines for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives.
- To Conduct Awareness Workshops about the Scheme.
- To Conduct Counselling for admission of candidates to different programs/courses.
- Disbursal of Scholarship for the eligible Candidates.
- Redressal of Grievances of PMSSS Candidates.
- Notice for Disbursal of Scholarship Scheme under PM-USP Yojana for the students of J&K and Ladakh for the Academic Year 2023-24
- 1. Format A - Promotion cum Continuation certificate for odd semester Academic Session 2023-24
- 2. Format B - Continuation certificate for even semester Academic Session 2022-23
- 3. Format of Nodal officer
- Circular for claiming of Scholarship/Academic fees payment by institutions/beneficiaries upto July 2023 semester under SSSJKL., PM-USP Yojana
- The date of choice filling for SSS J&K and Ladakh 2023-24 has been extended upto 16th August, 2023 , Please see the revised calendar of events for more details
- Notice for Students Flagged Under De-Duplication Exercise - Extension of last date
- Further extension of date for submission of proof of refund till 30th June 2023.
- Further extension of date for submitting proof of refund of amount received from NSP.
- Beware of receiving fake calls in the name of Chairman, AICTE. In this regard, it is informed that Chairman, AICTE or any Officer of AICTE is not contacting any University / Institution or College for making any such demands.
- EXTENSION OF DATE FOR SUBMITTING THE PROOF OF AMOUNT RECEIVED FROM SCHEMES ONBOARD NATIoNAL SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL
- INSTRUCTIONS ON SUBMITTING THE PROOF OF AMOUNT RECEIVED FROM SCHEMES ONBOARD NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL.
- Notice regarding Proof of refund of NSP scholarship.
- Instructions on refunding the amount availed from Scholarship Scheme onboarded on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) for duplicate students who have been issued notice in this regard.
- Notice for duplicate students.
- FOR ATTENTION OF HEAD OF INSTITUTES WHERE PMSSS STUDENTS ARE STUDYING (FRESH/RENEWAL) IN THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2022-23 :- PLEASE UPLOAD CONTINUATION CERTIFICATE FOR EVEN SEMESTER ACADEMIC SESSION 2022-23 IN PRESCRIBED FORMAT AVAILABLE ON AICTE JKPMSSS WEBSITE IN RESPECT OF EACH STUDENT REQUIRED FOR FURTHER RELEASE OF MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE ON MONTHLY BASIS.
- NOTIFICATION RECEIVED FROM INDIAN NURSING COUNCIL REGARDING LAST DATE OF ADMISSION IN B.SC (NURSING) PROGRAMME TILL 12.10.2022 FOR THE STUDENTS OF ACADEMIC SESSION 2022-23.
- For attention of all PMSSS beneficiary whose bank account could not be linked due to inactive Aadhaar on the PFMS portal: - All fresh beneficiaries of PMSSS are hereby directed to follow the procedure detailed in the attached sheet while linking their bank account with Aadhaar number
- Advisory for University / Colleges regarding admissions of students under the Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme during academic session 2022-23.
- Instruction for Delhi University Allotted Students in 1st Round of Online Counselling conducted by AICTE, New Delhi.
- URGENT !: Instructions For Students Who Have Received Allotment Letter.
- Instructions for PMSSS students taking admission in under-graduate courses in Delhi University.
- Notice Regarding Renewal Scholarships for the Academic session 2022-23
- Format A - Promotion cum Continuation certificate for odd semester Academic Session 2022-23
- Format B - Continuation certificate for even semester Academic Session 2022-23
- De-duplication exercise as per the recommendations of the EFc, MoE - AICTE to take necessary steps in coordination with the National Scholarship Portal maintained by MeITY for PMSSS for the UTs of J&K and Ladakh during Academic Session 2022-23
- Continuation Certificate- Academic Session 2021-22-Even Semester-Maintenance Allowance - Please upload this Continuation Certificate format, duly filled-in, signed and stamped, for claiming Maintenance Allowance for the Even Semester period of Academic Session-2021-22
- AICTE notification for aspiring PMSSS students of J&K and Ladakh for admission under general stream courses - Academic session 2022-23
- Visit the AICTE official to know the well-being of the pmsss beneficiaries studying in various institutions
- Instructions for the Director/Principal/Nodal Officer regarding Academic Session 2020-21 towards Maintenance Allowance. Last date for the same is extended to 17th March 2022 upto 17:00 Hrs and thereafter no grievance on this issue will be entertained
- Instructions for the Director/Principal/Nodal Officer regarding Academic Session 2020-21 towards Maintenance Allowance.
Last date for uploading the document is 28-02-2022 upto 5:00 PM
- University Grants Commission, New Delhi has extended the last date of joining the allotted institution for PMSSS students. - For information of all stakeholders
- Advisory for University / Colleges regarding admissions of students under the Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme during academic session 2021-22
- INFORMATION FOR THE STUDENTS WHO HAVE TAKEN ADMISSION ON THEIR OWN IN GENERAL / PROFESSIONAL STREAM COURSES ON MERIT BASIS IN DELHI UNIVERSITY/ JAMIA UNIVERSITY/ ALIGARH MUSLISM UNIVERSITY AND OTHER CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES
- UGC Heads of Regional Offices nominated to look into the grievances of students admitted under PMSSS
- Upload new Promotion cum Continuation certificate in prescribed format for academic session 2021-22 available at institute's login. Kind Attention: - The Director/Principal/Nodal Officer
- NOTICE :- For Attention of All Current Beneficiaries Under PMSSS
- NOTICE :- For Attention Of All Current Beneficiaries Under PMSSS And Institutes Concerned
- The continuation of PMSSS scheme and related dates will be announced shortly.
- Instructions / advice to the Director/Principal/Nodal Officer of the institutes regarding hostel and other fees from the students sponsored under Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)-during restriction of physical classes due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
- All students who have taken admission on their own in medical/dental colleges are required to upload NEET Centralised allotment letter issued by the Office of the Chairman, NEET UG Medical & Dental Admission/Counselling Board 2020 latest by 06th March 2021.
- Upload continuation certificate in prescribed format available at institute's login in order to avail maintenance allowance under PMSSS Kind Attention :- Director/Principal/Nodal Officer
- Information regarding academic excellence and extra-curricular activities at the Campus in respect of the students admitted under PMSSS.
- Circular- for attention of all PMSSS beneficiaries reg- Maintenance Allowance
- Warning to PMSSS Candidates
- List of Facilitation Centers
- List of ICT's (Jammu/Srinagar/Leh)
- Success Stories and Workshops
- Application Submission
- Document Verification at Facilitation center
- Frequently Asked Questions