J & K Cell deals with Implementation of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir. The J & K cell is responsible for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students.
Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) J&K 2020-21
About the Scheme
Roles & Responsibilities
An expert Group was constituted by Prime Minister on 18th August, 2010 in the context of enhancing employment opportunities among youths of Jammu & Kashmir and to formulate job plan involving public and private sectors. Every year fresh scholarships were given to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir for improving their skills by providing access to education. Scheme was started in 2011 and modified from time to time to make the Scheme student friendly. Main objectives of the Scheme are as under: -
- Evolving guidelines for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives.
- To Conduct Awareness Workshops about the Scheme.
- To Conduct Counselling for admission of candidates to different programs/courses.
- Disbursal of Scholarship for the eligible Candidates.
- Redressal of Grievances of PMSSS Candidates.
- Upload continuation certificate in prescribed format available at institute's login in order to avail maintenance allowance under PMSSS
- Information regarding academic excellence and extra-curricular activities at the Campus in respect of the students admitted under PMSSS.
- Circular- for attention of all PMSSS beneficiaries reg- Maintenance Allowance
- Warning to PMSSS Candidates
- List of Facilitation Centers
- List of ICT's (Jammu/Srinagar/Leh)
- Success Stories and Workshops
- Application Submission
- Document Verification at Facilitation center
- Frequently Asked Questions