J & K Cell deals with Implementation of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir. The J & K cell is responsible for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students.
Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) J&K 2017-18
Roles & Responsibilities
An expert Group was constituted by Prime Minister on 18th August, 2010 in the context of enhancing employment opportunities among youths of Jammu & Kashmir and to formulate job plan involving public and private sectors. Every year fresh scholarships were given to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir for improving their skills by providing access to education. Scheme was started in 2011 and modified from time to time to make the Scheme student friendly. Main objectives of the Scheme are as under: -
- Evolving guidelines for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives.
- To Conduct Awareness Workshops about the Scheme.
- To Conduct Counselling for admission of candidates to different programs/courses.
- Disbursal of Scholarship for the eligible Candidates.
- Redressal of Grievances of PMSSS Candidates.
- Steps to be taken for claim of Scholarship under PMSSS AY 2017-18
- Extension of joining time by the student of J & K State upto 30th September, 2017 under PMSSS 2017-18
- Communication to Vice-Chancellors & Principals from Chairman, AICTE
- Letter from Council of Architecture
- Letter from Pharmacy Council of India
Workshop & Media
- News Update regarding PMSSS Admission - September 10, 2017
- News Update regarding PMSSS Admission - September 09, 2017
- Jammu Region
- Kashmir Region
Time: 10 am - 06 pm (Monday to Saturday)