- Kaushal Augmentation and Restructuring Mission of AICTE (KARMA)
AICTE is initiating “Kaushal Augmentation and Restructuring Mission of AICTE” (KARMA) for all AICTE approved institutions in the country to overcome the dual challenge of scarcity of skilled manpower in jobs and low skill level of those who are presently in jobs.
Objectives of KARMA
The scheme aims at:
- Strategically planned skill initiatives to create skilled and certified workforce, who not only contribute towards the growth of India but also drive the country into becoming the global skills capital.
- Encourage the institutions for making the best use of available infrastructure of higher education system during off hours for skill training by re-aligning the existing infrastructure for the skill courses specially, training AIDS, syllabus, curriculum etc. as per NSQF aligned Qualifications.
- This scheme is applicable to the candidate who have passed at least10th standard/ ITIs
- The training under the Scheme shall be, any domain-specific demand-led skill training activity preferably in core engineering sectors leading to employment