- A true facilitator and an objective regulator
- Transparent governance and accountable approach towards the society.
- Planned and coordinated development of Technical Education in the Country by ensuring world-class standards of Institutions through accreditation.
- Facilitating world-class Technical Education through:
- Emphasis on developing high quality Institutions, academic excellence and innovative research and development programmes;
- Networking of Institutions for optimum resource utilization;
- Dissemination of knowledge;
- Technology forecasting and global manpower planning;
- Promoting industry-Institution interaction for developing new products, services, and patents;
- Inculcating entrepreneurship;
- Encouraging indigenous technology;
- Focusing on non-formal education;
- Providing affordable education to all.
- Making Indian Technical Education globally acceptable.
- To be a forward-looking organization that has an efficient, flexible and empowered manpower, sensitive to stakeholders’ expectations.