An Annual report is a comprehensive report on an organisation’s activities throughout the preceding year. Annual reports are intended to give stakeholders and other interested people information about the organisation’s activities including financial performance. Most jurisdictions require organisations to prepare and disclose annual reports.
Typically annual reports will include:
- Chairman's report
- Auditor's report on organisation’s governance
- Mission statement
- Organisation’s statement of compliance
- Invitation to the organisation’s GC as well as financial statements including:
- Organisation’s activities / performance
- Auditor's report on the financial statements
- Balance sheet
- Statement of retained earnings
- Income statement
- Cash flow statement
- Notes to the financial statements
- Accounting policies
Other information deemed relevant to stakeholders may be included, such as social responsibilityreports or organisations with environmentally - or socially - sensitive operations.
The details provided in the report are of use to stakeholders to understand the Organisations performance and future direction.