The All India Council for Technical Education, (AICTE), in pursuance of the recommendations of the Review Committee on Post Graduate Education and Research in Technical Education, has introduced National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme from 2002-2003. Under this scheme Fifty (50) Doctoral Fellowships will be offered every year to selected candidates in emerging areas / disciplines of Technical Education by AICTE to pursue Doctoral programme.
- To attract highly qualified and motivated candidates to pursue doctoral degree and offer themselves for teaching position in the Technical Education system.
- To provide research support to bright young candidates for pursuing exciting and innovative research in the field of Technical Education.
Details of scheme
- Scholarship @ Rs.12,000/- per month per candidate.
- Contingency grant of Rs.25,000/- per annum per candidate.
- Overhead charges of Rs.20,000/- per annum per candidate to the host institution i.e. Institution where the candidate will be pursuing Ph.D./Doctoral Programme.
Period of Scholarship
The above scholarship shall be given for a period of 3 years. In the event of non-completion of Ph.D. programme or equivalent within this period the scholarship can be extended up to one more year subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate, as assessed by an independent Expert Committee appointed by AICTE.
If after this period of 4 years (including one year extension) the candidate fails to complete his/her Ph.D. degree and/ or unsatisfactory performance on the part of the candidate, (as assessed by the Expert Committee appointed by AICTE), the fellowship would be terminated.